IPAC Eastern Ontario (IPAC EO)
In light of the current global pandemic we find ourselves in, all IPAC EO meetings will be held via Zoom. Zoom invites will be sent to the email address provided to the Executive. Hopefully, in the future, we can resume our meetings at the offices of the South Eastern Ontario Infection Control Network (SEOICN) in Kingston, unless otherwise stated.
Minutes, attachments and educational materials from IPAC EO meetings may be obtained in the Members Area of this website. Contact Amy Rundle (email@example.com) if you require login information.
Meeting RSVP: Please see your email inbox for Zoom meeting details.
- Agenda to follow, please check your email on file with IPAC EO Executive.
Q&A FROM MEETINGS:
From our Chapter Meeting on November 25, 2020:
Question: Have you noticed an uptake in annual influenza vaccination in your workplace compared to years previous?
- Quinte Healthcare (QHC) reported increased uptake of the flu vaccine this year.
- A small increase in vaccination (~10%) at Stirling Manor.
- An increase in uptake at St. Lawrence Lodge (~60%).
- Brockville General Hospital has had the highest ever uptake of the vaccine.
- Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital is at 56% vaccination, about the same as last year at this time.
Question: When do you test for Clostridium difficile infection?
- Answer: At the onset of diarrhea (when patient is placed on Contact Precautions) or when diarrhea has been present for 24 hours and patient meets the PIDAC definition. Refer to PIDAC's Annex C: Testing, Surveillance and Management of Clostridium difficile (January 2013)