Chapter Contact Details:
P.O. Box 20053
IPAC Eastern Ontario (IPAC EO)
ABOUT OUR CHAPTER
The Eastern Ontario Professionals in Infection Control (EOPIC) was founded in 1984, and originally comprised a group of enthusiastic individuals who were practicing infection control in widely separated hospitals and nursing homes in the eastern Ontario region of Canada (see map). Over the years this membership has grown. Members now represent hospitals, public health, nursing homes, community care and industry. New members and visitors are always welcome.
In 2005 the chapter name was changed to CHICA - Eastern Ontario Chapter, to maintain consistency with other chapters. In 2014 the name was again changed due to new branding and the chapter is now known as IPAC Eastern Ontario. IPAC EO has been a chapter of IPAC Canada (Infection Prevention and Control Canada), since 1986.
Benefits of Joining IPAC EO:
- Networking with colleagues who share your interests and concerns in the workplace
- Problem-solving sessions are a component of each meeting
- Education sessions are held at each meeting, covering current infection control issues
- Biennial conference is presented on "hot" topics
- Library of videos, audio tapes and manuals available to members
- Educational bursaries are provided to members